Connect to Teradici Client (macOS)
Remote connections can be established with an Eclipse Tech virtual workstation using the Teradici PCoIP Software Client. The Teradici client offers higher frame rates and better quality imagery, compared to a DCV session in a web browser.
NOTE: PCoIP connections only succeed when the virtual workstation was created from a workstation template that had the PCoIP option enabled. For information about creating workstation templates please refer to:
Steps for setting up and connecting:
1. Download the Teradici software client:
NOTE: Be sure to select the correct version for your operating system. In this example we will be using the “Software Client for macOS.”
2. Begin the installation by double clicking the downloaded file pcoip-client_20.04.0.dmg.
3. To complete the installation, drag the “PCoIPClient.app” icon into the “Applications” folder.
4. Install the “intermediate certificate authority” into your System Keychain
a.Download the certificate from DigiCert:
b. Type Command (⌘)+Space bar to open the Spotlight Search window.
c. Search for “Keychain Access.app” .
d. Double click ”Keychain Access.app” to launch it.
e. Select “System” on the left.
f. From the ”File” menu at the top of the screen select ”Import Items…” .
g. Browse to the certificate that was downloaded ( DigiCertSHA2SecureServerCA.crt.pem)
and click “Open”.
h. Provide your fingerprint (or password) to authorize changes to the system keychain.
i. The certificate “DigiCert SHA2 Secure Server CA” should now be listed in the “System”
5. Now that the client is installed, launch it:
a. Type Command (⌘)+Space bar to open the Spotlight Search window.
b. Search for PCoIPClient.app.
c. Double click the PCoIPClient.app to launch it.
d. If you encounter this dialog box when the PCoIPClient launches, go ahead and click the “Open” button.
e. You may also be prompted for permission to access the microphone. You may approve this by clicking “OK”.
f. You are now ready to create a new connection.
6. Copy your virtual workstation “Host Name”:
a. Log into the Eclipse Tech portal: https://portal.eclipsetech.co
b. On the “Dashboard” page, make sure your virtual workstation is running. If it is not running, start the virtual workstation by clicking the “Start” icon in the “Options” section of your virtual workstation.
c. In the “Options” section of your virtual workstation, click the “Connect” icon.
NOTE: You may have to wait for a minute or two before the “Connect” icon is enabled. This is due to the virtual workstation not yet being fully initialized.
d. Copy the Host Name by clicking the “Copy” icon in the popup window:
NOTE: The “Host Name” of your virtual workstation will change each time the virtual workstation is stopped and started again.
7. Paste the copied Host Name into the “Host Address or Code” section of the PCoIP client and click the “Next” button.
8. Type in the Username of the administrator.
NOTE: The Username is always “Administrator.”
9. Copy the virtual workstation password:
a. In the Eclipse Tech portal “Dashboard”, in the “Options” column of your virtual workstation, click the “Password” icon (the key shaped icon) to retrieve the password.
b. A popup box will appear containing your Administrator password. Click the “Copy” icon to copy the password.
10. Paste the password into the “Password” section of the PCoIP client and click the “Login” button.
NOTE: If you see a popup window indicating that, “TeradiciUsbRedirection wants to make changes,” then enter your local computer password and click the “OK” button.
11. You should now be connected to your virtual workstation via the PCoIP client.