Connect to Teradici Client (Win)
Remote connections can be established with an Eclipse Tech virtual workstation using the Teradici PCoIP Software Client. The Teradici client offers higher frame rates and better quality imagery, compared to a DCV session in a web browser.
NOTE: PCoIP connections only succeed when the virtual workstation was created from a workstation template that had the PCoIP option enabled. For information about creating workstation templates please refer to:
Steps for setting up and connecting:
1. Download the Teradici software client:
NOTE: Be sure to select the correct version for your operating system. In this example we will be using the “Software Client for Windows.”
2. Begin the installation by double clicking the download file pcoip-client_20.04.1.exe.
3. If you are prompted to give the installer permission to make changes to your device just click “YES”.
4. Select a language and click “OK.”
5. Click “Next” on the welcome screen.
6. Click on the “I Agree” button to accept the “TERADICI END USER LICENSE AGREEMENT.”
7. Click the “Install” button to install to the default location.
8. After the installation is complete, click the checkbox for “Create Desktop Shortcut,” then click “Finish.”
9. Now that the client is installed, launch it by double clicking on the “PCoIP Client” icon on your desktop.
10. You are now ready to create a new connection.
11. Copy your virtual workstation “Host Name”:
a. Log into the Eclipse Tech portal: https://portal.eclipsetech.co
b. On the “Dashboard” page, make sure your virtual workstation is running. If it is not running, start the virtual workstation by clicking the “Start” icon, under the “Options” section, of your virtual workstation.
c. In the “Options” section of your virtual workstation, click the “Connect” icon.
NOTE: You may have to wait for a minute or two before the “Connect” icon is enabled. This is due to the virtual workstation not yet being fully initialized.
d. Copy the Host Name by clicking the “Copy” icon in the popup window:
NOTE: The “Host Name” of your virtual workstation will change each time the virtual workstation is stopped and started again.
12.Paste the copied Host Name into the “Host Address or Code” section of the PCoIP client and click the “Next” button.
13. Type in the Username of the administrator.
NOTE: The Username is always “Administrator.”
14. Copy the virtual workstation password:
a. In the Eclipse Tech portal “Dashboard,” under the “Options” column of your virtual workstation, click the “Password” icon (the key shaped icon) to retrieve the password.
b. A popup box will appear containing your Administrator password. Click the “Copy” icon to copy the password.
15. Paste the password into the “Password” section of the PCoIP client and click the “Login” button.
NOTE: If you see a “Windows Security Alert” popup window, make sure both boxes are checked. Then click “Allow access.”
16. You should now be connected to your virtual workstation via the PCoIP client.