In looking back on the past year I think it is safe to say that 2020 was a year unlike any other. This year brought with it a heated presidential election, calls for racial justice and a pandemic that overwhelmed hospitals and forced the closure of schools and businesses around the globe.
Here at Eclipse Tech we are no strangers to working in the cloud, but no one could have predicted how the pandemic would forever change the landscape of the work environment when quarantines forced millions to stay home and companies and educational institutions had to make a swift, and sometimes massive, transition to remote work. Cloud computing became a key player in the process of allowing people to easily work or study from home, simultaneously collaborate with others, and securely connect to the internet.
This world wide shift challenged our company to think outside the box and to find innovative and high powered solutions for clients who needed to quickly adapt to these new environments. New doors were opened and new possibilities re-imagined. In an effort to provide clients with the very best tools available for remote work, we hired new staff, accelerated development, increased customer support and established new partnerships. While the pandemic presented us with a number of obstacles, this year has continued to be one of growth and opportunity for our company.
Some of the year’s highlights include:
- Eclipse Tech Joined the Teradici Advantage Partner Program. The collaboration between the two companies provides VFX professional artists and educators with high performance connections to virtual workstations in the cloud
- Eclipse Tech Partnered with LucidLink. The partnership enables on-demand access to data from anywhere for fast, high-performance workloads and cloud workflows.
- Eclipse Tech Partnered with Wasabi. The partnership will offer Eclipse Tech clients flexible, high speed storage at a cost that is well below that of other storage competitors.
- Eclipse Tech’s Director of Cloud Solutions Jeff Olm color graded an entire feature film in the cloud. The film titled 18khz recently picked up The Warsaw Grand Prix award for International Competition at the Warsaw Film Festival.
- Eclipse Tech CTO Ben Campbell, and Director of Cloud Solutions Jeff Olm, participated as guest speakers in the 2020 Colorist Mixer. The two spoke about grading, editing, & creating VFX with virtual machines in the cloud.
- Eclipse Tech completed a case study with Chapman University and an article about the case study was later published in Animation Magazine.
We look forward to 2021 with new goals, and a renewed sense of excitement for what the future holds. We are confident that we can adapt to any new challenges that 2021 sends our way, and we look forward to the opportunity to continue to improve and streamline the process of working in the cloud during these unprecedented times.
We would also like to express our heartfelt thanks and appreciation to healthcare professionals who continue to work to fight this pandemic. We hope this new year brings more time with families and loved ones, and a greater appreciation for the things that matter most. We are thankful for our partners, clients, staff and associates who have gone above and beyond to help support us this past year. We wish everyone a very healthy and happy new year.
Eclipse Tech CEO/Founder